Profile Information

Login Data

Or login

First name is required!
Last name is required!
First name is not valid!
Last name is not valid!
This is not an email address!
Email address is required!
This email is already registered!
Password is required!
Enter a valid password!
Please enter 6 or more characters!
Please enter 16 or less characters!
Passwords are not same!
Terms and Conditions are required!
Email or Password is wrong!

Drone Flying Guidelines

There are two types of drone piloting, commercial and hobby. If you're looking into flying a drone for hobby purposes only then this will guide you on the information you need to know before taking the drone off. For Hobby purposes there is no legal requirement for any training necessary, you're able to just take off the ground after purchasing your drone, but the drone code will always still apply to you. Although flying lessons would be an intelligent move for any new drone pilot. Gaining those extra skills can help you avoid ditching your drone and paying the price with a repair. If you're looking to move into being a commercial drone operator then you will need to contact a certified organisation that can help you develop an operations manual and check you match their requirements. There are numerous amounts of business' that host courses for commercial operation assessments which are CAA approved.


When buying a drone straight from a store you can setup it up and fly away, but, there are restrictions. Flying a drone with hobby purposes you will need to take these regulations into consideration:

  • No flying above 120 meters
  • No flying within 50 meters of buildings or other obstacles
  • No flying futher than 500 meters
  • No flying over peoples heads
  • No flying in restricted airspace
  • No flying on private land without permission from the owner
  • Maintain a line of sight with the aircraft at all times
  • Avoid flying within 150 meter of large crowds (1000+ people)


Flying commercially has a much more restrictions as the drone your piloting needs to be registered and permit to fly will need to be issued from the CAA because it would be classed under aerial work:

  • Valid aerial insurance neccessary to fly
  • Aircraft will need to be registered
  • Aircraft has to weigh less than 20KG
  • You will need to complete competency tests provided by B-NUCS or RPA
  • No flying in restricted airspace
  • No flying above 120 meters unless granted permission from the CAA
  • Before any flight, confirm flights with CAA
  • Permission may or may not be needed when taking into consideration the "payment" you are recieving for the work but we always advise to check this anyway.